If, like me you support women who breastfeed, you probably love it when you come across new tools and ideas that you can use to help them though the challenging times that they are having. When I started using Mindful Breastfeeding techniques in my everyday interactions with parents, I didn’t for one minute think that it would have the impact that it did. I completely underestimated how much fear, anxiety and social pressure they were experiencing, but once I started talking about it they opened up and wanted to change how they were feeling.
This study day will take you beyond the counselling skills that you use so well. It will introduce you to the neuroscience and how this affects women at this time in their lives. I will share relaxation and mindfulness tools with you so that you can use them with the families you work with and see the transformations that I have. You will leave feeling confident enough to include mindfulness in your breastfeeding practice every single time.
The day will run from 9.30 until 4.30 and includes refreshements. Please email me if you have any further questions.
Course Content Includes:
- Early parenting neuroscience
- Supporting parents to re-write their thought processes
- The role of oxytocin in breastfeeding
- Relaxation techniques for pregnancy and early parenthood
- Writing affirmations
- The importance of self-care
- Support for new families, why, where and how.
- Helping Mothers to trust their bodies and the babies
- Supporting parents to connect more deeply with their baby.
The course content was really clear and easy to follow. It’s clear that Anna has put a lot of thought into the structure of the training. Thank you Anna Melissa
Latest Course Dates
London, The Bedford Hotel, Russell Square
Saturday 12th October 2019
London, The Bedford Hotel, Russell Sqaure
Saturday 1st February 2020