Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner Training
If, like me you support women who breastfeed, you probably love it when you come across new tools and ideas that you can use to help them though the challenging times that they are having. When I started using Mindful Breastfeeding techniques in my everyday interactions with parents, I didn’t for one minute think that it would have the impact that it did. I completely underestimated how much fear, anxiety and social pressure they were experiencing, but once I started talking about it they opened up and wanted to change how they were feeling.
This course day will take you beyond the counselling skills that you use so well. It will introduce you to the neuroscience and how this affects women at this time in their lives. I will share relaxation and mindfulness tools with you so that you can use them with the families you work with and see the transformations that I have. You will leave feeling confident enough to include mindfulness in your breastfeeding practice every single time.
The day will run from 9.30 until 4.30 and includes refreshements. Please email me if you have any further questions.
On the day we cover:
- Early parenting neuroscience
- Supporting parents to re-write their thought processes
- The role of oxytocin in breastfeeding
- Relaxation techniques for pregnancy and early parenthood
- Writing affirmations
- The importance of self-care
- Support for new families, why, where and how.
- Helping Mothers to trust their bodies and the babies
- Supporting parents to connect more deeply with their baby
- In person practice of guided relaxations with other participants.
Following the Day Course you will receive the following resources:
– Printable PDFs to use with families
– Relaxation Scripts
– MP3s of relaxations to share with families
– Breastfeeding Affirmations
– Paperwork for case studies for homework
Once you have completed the 2 case studies in Mindful Breastfeeding practice you will be added to the database of Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioners.
I can not recommend the Mindful Breastfeeding School enough. Anna is a fantastic teacher full of knowledge and extremely supportive. She creates a really comfortable environment to learn in & delivers her courses really well. Thoroughly enjoyed this training. Now I am using Mindful Breastfeeding with my clients I can clearly see how amazing the techniques and tools are. Mums/parents are feeling SO confident and calm ready to start their journeys and those that have had babies are feeling relaxed & more confident in feeding. A MUST Course for anyone working with mothers and families.
Laura , The lemon tree – pregnancy, birth & beyond