All courses are face to face but some do have an online element to them as well as some self-directed study (homework).
Click below to look at locations and dates
One Day Course
This day is for those who already work in breastfeeding support. As long as you have had attended bfi, peer support or further training in the last 3 year,s then you are welcome on this day. Course content includes:
- Breastfeeding and Neuroscience
- Research into the practices of Mindful Breastfeeding
- Helping families to uncover their breastfeeding story
- Using positive self talk and affirmations to improve breastfeeding and mental well-being outcomes
- Using relaxation with expectant and new families to support breastfeeding
- Practice of reading and receiving guided relaxations
- Helping families to navigate breastfeeding issues along-side health professionals.
Resources provided after the course:
- 4 relaxation scripts and recorded MP3s
- Breastfeeding affirmations
- Printable PDFs for use with families
- Sample ante-natal class
- Paperwork for homework tasks
This course provides 7.75 L-Cerps for IBCLCS
20 Hour Supporter Course
This course is for those who work with expectant or new families but don’t have a breastfeeding qualification. The course consists of 2 days of face-to-face training plus some online and self-directed study. Included is:
- The 4th Trimester – normal infant behaviour
- How breastfeeding works
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- Positioning and Attachment
- Common breastfeeding problems
- Low Milk supply and methods of supplementation
- Expressing and responsive bottle feeding
- Early parenting neuroscience
- Supporting parents to re-write their thought processes
- The role of oxytocin in breastfeeding
- Relaxation techniques for pregnancy and early parenthood
- Writing affirmations
- The importance of self-care
- Support for new families, why, where and how.
- Helping Mothers to trust their bodies and the babies
- Supporting parents to connect more deeply with their baby.
You also get access to an online teaching website with all the resources you need to get started in breastfeeding support and Mindful Breastfeeding
This one day course is for those who have already completed a Mindful Breastfeeding Course, The day is face to face and includes:
- An update on the relevant research
- A look at various case studies of Mindful Breastfeeding in use – you can also bring your own
- Using Mindful Breastfeeding for specific breastfeeding complications
- Writing and using affirmations
- Developing a Mindful Breastfeeding antenatal class or course.
An accreddited course which will provide you with a quallification in Mindful Breastfeeding. Being launched in Spring 2020 this will be an indepth course, leading you towards being able to teach Mindful Breasfeeeding to other professionals.
To sign up to the waiting list then please go here.
I had such a fabulous day. Anna was so welcoming and made us feel really at home. We had a lovely lunch in such a beautiful learning environment, which really made the day enjoyable. I learnt so much and feel so excited to start working with my clients using the Mindful Breastfeeding techniques. I couldn’t fault Anna or the course in any way, it was fab!
It was great to have the tools given to use this in practice immediately. Great to have time to discuss practice with everyone at the course. It made for a really interactive learning session. I feel I absorbed the course rather than got taught it!
Thank you Anna, the course was a perfect mix of informative and fun! I took so much from it and am fully looking forward to putting my newly acquired skills and knowledge into practice. You were warm and engaging and there was a never a time where anyone was made to feel they had a stupid question or were taking up too much time. Just awesome and I am recommending far and wide!