If you work in the birth world you probably have breastfeeding questions fired at you on a regular basis. It tends to be an area that many parents-to-be neglect when it comes to antenatal preparation and the early days and weeks tend to be more challenging than they ever imagined.
Perhaps you would like to help couples prepare to breastfeed before their baby arrives, either as a new service or as an add-on to your current programs. Either way, my aim is to ensure that you can support your clients with up-to-date, accurate and relevant information. By the end of the 2 days you will be armed with knowledge, resources and the confidence to start supporting a families with their breastfeeding issues straight away.
What makes this program different to others is that we spend a whole day on looking at how important the brain is in breastfeeding and how mindfulness techniques can help parents to free themselves from their limiting beliefs and negative emotions that can so deeply impact on their whole experience as a new Mother or Father. I share relaxation techniques and mindfulness practices with you that are useful both before and after birth. Once you start start talking to parents about this aspect of feeding their baby you will be amazed at the transformations that can happen how it gives parents the confidence to connect with their baby in an even deeper way than they already are.
Held in a beautiful little hide away, right in the centre of London. This is set to be a magical couple of days spent with like-minded professionals. Where we can all learn from each other’s knowledge and experiences as well practice knew techniques and ways of working.
The Price for this course is £400 for both days, including all resources, drinks and snacks. You will need to provide your own lunch and accommodation.
Latest Course dates
31st January – 1st February 2020 – Central London £400
Each day will run from 9.30 until 4.30. Please email me if you have any further questions.
- The 4th Trimester – normal infant behaviour
- How breastfeeding works
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- Positioning and Attachment
- Common breastfeeding problems
- Low Milk supply and methods of supplementation
- Expressing and responsive bottle feeding
- Early parenting neuroscience
- Supporting parents to re-write their thought processes
- The role of oxytocin in breastfeeding
- Relaxation techniques for pregnancy and early parenthood
- Writing affirmations
- The importance of self-care
- Support for new families, why, where and how.
- Helping Mothers to trust their bodies and the babies
- Supporting parents to connect more deeply with their baby.